You can also apply the same type policy to your home computer if you PC is using a pro version of Windows 7 and higher.
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run Window. Here enter “gpedit.msc” and hit enter.
- Navigate to: Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Account Policies -> Account Lockout Policy and double click Account Lockout threshold.
- Now set the number of invalid attempts before the lockout. Click apply. You’ll be prompted with additional Suggested values, here you can change the lockout time and more. If you leave it default the lock out will be for 30 Min.
- After certain failed attempts you’ll get this message:
- Depending on the settings, you’ll be able to log back in after 30 Min. in this case.