Social networking website Facebook Messenger may be closed in many smartphones since the end of March. The company has announced to discontinue support from the old version of the app.
According to the company, the smartphone which is the old version of the messenger app will not be supported. Under this, v55 will not get support in Facebook and v10 Messenger too. Not getting support means they will not be able to mess with the messenger and it will stop.
However, the latest iPhone and Android smartphone users do not have to worry. However, if the users have Windows Phone 8.1 or older, then the Facebook app will not be supported.
Facebook has started sending notifications to older smartphone users. They are advised to upgrade their device via email.
It is being said in the email, ‘Thank you for choosing Messenger. We regret to say that the version of the version you are using can be closed by the end of March. Due to lack of support, you will not be able to send messages or send ‘
The company has said that if the device does not support the latest version of the Facebook app, then it can go to Facebook.com from the mobile browser.
Facebook Messenger will stop working in these version
- Facebook version 55, this update was released in November 2015.
- Messenger v10 app whose update was released in August 2014.
- The Facebook iPad version 26 was released in October 2011.
- Facebook app for Windows Phone.
- Windows Phone version 8 and 8.1 or below.
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 desktop apps.